Thursday, September 17, 2009

And so it goes...

I'm thankful. Really. I am. We just received added money in our budget at school. More library books can be bought. TVs that are dying can be replaced. Overheads will have bulbs. It's great. Really. It is.

I don't sound excited, because it's my job to purchase everything. The process is tedious and time-consuming, and I don't have a planning period or much time available each day. Plus, I've been given one week to get everything spent in case the state retracts the money they just gave to us. GRRRRR.

However, I've decided to redirect my efforts at home to three things. (I'm making a list in order to make sure I do them all!)

1. The Curse of Josiah's Orchard is going to find a home. The synopsis will get written. The query letter will be perfected. (Ok. That's reaching pretty high. Maybe it'll just be really, really good.)

2. The trolls are staying put. I've decided they are not the priority for me. Instead, I am going to return to Abigail and her paranoia and have some fun with the kidnapping. (Got ya curious, don't I?!?) :-)

3. The book that's been in my head for the last 2 years will get outlined and put aside. Hopefully that will quiet those voices in my head. (THE CHARACTERS' VOICES. That's what I'm talking about. Really. I promise. ---Shhh! Don't say that too loud!---)

4. I will remember to charge my laptop every Monday and Wednesday night to ensure battery life for Tuesday and Thursday soccer practices.

Notice house cleaning and keeping up with laundry are no where to be found on this list? They get done each week with the help of the Rouskateers...at least the healthy ones. I just have two to count on this weekend unless they succumb to.

No comments: