Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Same old blues

Today seems no better than yesterday. While it's true that the baking is now half done, the kids are helping clean the house, and my grocery list isn't as long as I'd feared it would be...I can't shake this feeling of wanting to cry. If I hear the song "Christmas Shoes" on the radio, it will be the end of me, I'm sure. Elvis's "Blue Christmas" was bad enough! (and I don't actually like that song!)

I do have one last Christmas present to finish. I got most of the missing pieces yesterday. Now to put them together and to finalize the last part of it. Well, actually, I have 2 presents left. Our nephew chose his yarn this past weekend for his hand-knitted blanket. I've made the decision not to start on it until everything else in the house is in order. So...I'll probably start it tomorrow night or Friday night. He knows he won't have it for Christmas, but he's very excited about it!

Now, on to the grocery store. I'm not even planning to change from my sweats although I will switch from slippers to shoes for the trip! So if you see a sad-looking woman listlessly wandering the aisles at Food Lion in torn sweats and a grungy t-shirt...don't laugh!

No comments: