Wednesday, November 4, 2009

8.97%

Yes, I'm counting on that percent ticker on the NaNoWriMo site to motivate me to keep going. Chapter one flew from my fingers into keyboard. (Probably because I'd thought about the beginning so much.) Chapter 2 took some thinking and then it went quickly. Then I started ch. 3...hmmm. It seems my Main Character's oldest brothers (the twins) decided not to go to summer school and they have now shown up in the middle of my plot! This twists Fortune's plans a bit, and may lead to some controlled mayhem (how's that oxymoron?!?) later in the novel.

Finally, however, I did manage to get a name for my librarian. Of course, she's now a HE, but that's better than being a ? every time your name is mentioned! Now the librarian is beginning to play a much stronger role than I'd planned, moving from supporting cast to lead supporting actor.

I'd better stop procrastinating and get to writing tonights 2k-3k words!

No comments: