Friday, August 28, 2009

Long week with a forecast...

...of a great weekend. I've been busy with the first day of school, both my 3 Rouskateers' homework and teaching 5-6 classes per day. (I'll be honest, it's always nice that kindergartners don't show up for a week and a half! I like that afternoon break!)

JG made the soccer team at school, so he's on 2 teams and will practice M, W, F until 5:30 and T and TH until 5:30 with one team and 6-8 with the other...WHEW! Oh well, practice time = writing time for me, and I'm looking forward to getting more written.

J.T.'s story is doing well on authonomy although I can't seem to break 100. Maybe that will happen this weekend or next week! Anyway, as soon as the kitchen's clean, I'm sitting down with some trolls and talking them through the woods and on to the land of the sprites! (Who used to be fairies and might become pixies...) :-)

2 comments:

Tara McClendon said...

Congrats on the soccer fun. My oldest is gearing up to start the under-seven league. If I didn't have to chase a two-year old, I might be able to write, too.

Stephanie Rous said...

Oh, U-7 is fun to watch! By the time they get to u-13, they tend to be much more aggressive...the play is faster, too.